|Named After||Rev. R.L. Pelly|
|Purpose||Senior Master's Residence|
Master’s living quarters
Pelly's is a building adjoining Benson's building and located above the new Gym & Machine Workshop Room accessed from the main drive of the School. It serves as the residence of the Senior Master as well as a Master’s living quarters for few teachers.
The Building is in 2 parts.
- Half the building (comprising both Ground & 1st Floors) is Residence of the Senior Master.
- In the other half there are 2 Staff Quarters on the Ground & 1st Floors respectively.
As per the recollections of Dilip Chatterjee (OP 1947), during the war years of 1939 - 1945:
- This building used to house the Recreation club for the British Other Ranks (BOR's).
- The exact legal status of the property then is not known but students not allowed on the road that led to the building till 1946.
Biraja Bhattacharya (OP 1960) recalls:
- Mr Malcolm & Mrs Nora Elloy getting married in 1945/46 and staying here as Senior Master till about 1962.
- Only after what is now known as the Old Art Room/Machine Workshop Room was built around 1957 and the Goddard Pavilion around 1964, that students started using the main drive to School. Earlier this road was out of bounds.